Aligners are orthodontic devices that are transparent, they correct the teeth position.
They are made of polycarbonate, and the structure provides a weak but constant pressure on the teeth, which allows you to gradually adjust the shape of the dentition.
The advantages of aligners
- Aesthetic appearance. The aligner is a transparent structure of small thickness, almost invisible on the teeth.
- High efficiency. The aligner is in contact with the crown of the teeth from all sides, which improves the control of their correction.
- Convenience in use. The aligner can be removed for hygienic procedures – both for the oral cavity and for the structure itself.
- Individuality. Possibility of manufacturing of a structure for each patient.
- Soft tissues are injured significantly less than when wearing braces.
Indications for wearing aligners
In each case, the doctor determines the appropriate type of correction only after examining the patient, but the most common indications for wearing aligners are:
- Tilted teeth
- Violations of the shape of the dentition
- Creating a place for implantation
- Twisted teeth (but not more than 6 mm)
- Large gaps between the teeth.
The technology of manufacturing and application of aligners
Aligners are made from polymer plates of different thickness, by pressing in a device under pressure or in a vacuum. After a thorough diagnosis, the doctor takes an impression of the patient’s jaws, and also takes photos of the face and teeth. All this is sent to the laboratory to make a set of plates.
The aligners are removable, which makes it easy to clean the mouth and the pad itself. But to achieve the result, the period of wearing the aligner must be at least 22 hours a day. As a rule, a set of aligners for each patient consists of about 30 plates, each of them is necessary for a certain stage of correction. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks, and the total correction period is about a year.
Prices for services in Denti Quality
Treatment with aligners «Clear Correct»
Treatment with aligners «Invisalign»