Orthodontics at the Denti Quality Clinic
is performed in full and provides an opportunity to cure various pathologies of the occlusion painlessly and efficiently, as well as align teeth, and also prevent an incorrect position of the teeth in the oral cavity.
A bite (occlusion) is a mutual position of dentitions at their maximum contact. The bite is formed at an early age and it is needed to observe and adjust it if necessary. At an older age, it is more difficult to do, but with help of modern technologies we can correct defects by the adults, too. A proper bite is very important.
The proper bite provides:
- Careful chewing of the food
- An even distribution of the load on the teeth during chewing
- An attractive smile
- Good facial muscle tonus
- A clear and crisp diction
Types of an abnormal bite
- Deep bite. Upper teeth cover the lower teeth by more than a third. This shortens the lower part of the face and adds a deep chin crease.
- Mesial bite. The lower jaw is in front of the upper one.
- Distal bite (overbite). The upper incisors are located far in front of the lower ones. Visually, it looks like a forward upper jaw.
- Open bite. The teeth of the upper and lower jaws do not come into contact with each other.
- Cross bite. Constriction of one of the jaws with a shift of the lower jaw to the side. This leads to facial asymmetry.
Bite Correction Process
You must first be examined and diagnosed by a doctor who will select an individual correction method. Then the doctor prepares the teeth for the application of removable or fixed structures. After that, the correction itself is carried out in the selected way. And the final stage is fixing the teeth in the correct position.
Ways to correct a bite
Special dental trays, trainers, bracket systems, and plates are used to correct a malocclusion. In each case, the type of correction and its duration are selected individually. It depends on the type of bite, the degree of displacement of the dentition, the patient’s health and condition of the teeth, his age, aesthetic preferences, and lifestyle.
Dental brace systems
Dental braces are devices that align and straighten teeth, it is one of the most common methods for bite correction. The plates are fixed on the teeth, and the arc connecting them carries out the correction. Braces can be worn from six months to three years.
Bite correction using removable structures
Tools such as dental trays and teeth trainers give the opportunity to correct the bite without sacrificing the aesthetic appearance of your smile. These removable structures can be worn at home or while sleeping. They are made of plastic, silicone, and other modern materials.
Bite correction using aligners
Aligners are orthodontic devices that are transparent, they correct the teeth position. They are made of polycarbonateю. This structure provides a weak but constant pressure on the teeth, which allows you to gradually adjust the shape of the dentition.
Surgical methods of bite restoration
These methods are used in the most complex cases and the indications for such are: :
- Chin dysplasia
- Facial asymmetry
- Frontal or lateral open bite
- Other serious malocclusions
All operations are performed in the oral cavity, leaving no traces on the face. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia and is completely painless.